Last month, we wrote a post about the updates on NSW government infrastructure projects. For this post, we will zoom in on Sydney infrastructure projects. We will talk about their latest updates & what these can mean for surveyors like us.
Last year, Infrastructure NSW released the NSW Infrastructure Pipeline which details all ongoing & proposed projects for the State. It covers the transport, health, education, justice, sports & culture sectors. The projects have been put in place to cater to the growing community & meet the demand for better-performing infrastructures. Particularly for Sydney, projects include the Sydney Metro, John Hunter Health and Innovation Precinct & Stadium Australia Redevelopment.
Updates on Sydney Infrastructure Projects
To keep you updated, we’ve compiled updates on the aforementioned projects along with some others. To see the full list of Sydney infrastructure projects & their updates, check Infrastructure NSW’s Pipeline of Sydney Projects.
- Sydney Metro – Construction on the Metro West will commence next year. It will start at the Bays Precinct. First tasks the project team will undertake include site surveys & road relocation. Seven station locations were also confirmed for the area including Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park, Five Dock & the Bays Precinct.
- M12 Motorway – The government released the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the project this month. They expect construction to start in 2022 with a target completion before Western Sydney Airport’s opening in 2026.
- Parramatta Light Rail – Construction will start in June 2020. Due to this, the government will make Church street between Macquarie to Market Streets a pedestrian-only zone from 1 February 2020.
- John Hunter Health and Innovation Project – Planning & design is currently underway for the project with construction targeted for 2022.
- Chatswood Education Precinct – The final masterplan released keeps Chatswood Primary School on the Pacific Highway site & the High School on the Centennial Avenue site. Target project completion is late 2023.
- Hurlstone Agricultural High School (Hawkesbury) Relocation – Currently in the design phase, the government aims to complete the project by early 2021.
- Meadowbank Education Precinct – The project’s design has been changed. It now consists of a primary school & a secondary school with facilities integrated into the landscape. Its forecast completion date is late 2021.
- Stadium Australia Redevelopment – The government published the project’s Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for viewing last month.
What Do These Mean for Surveyors?
With the various Sydney infrastructure projects ongoing & planned, the need for surveyors also rises. Similar to private construction & development works, a government infrastructure project surveyor like us also contributes to ensuring public infrastructures deliver. We perform critical tasks from a project’s planning stage up to completion. Our blog post on Infrastructure Surveying: How It Helps Ensure Infrastructures Built Deliver talks about these tasks in detail.
And here at Geosurv, we continue to conduct surveys of the highest accuracy by applying our in-depth knowledge and using the latest technology & equipment. We specialise in infrastructure projects within the Department of Defence and RMS. One government infrastructure project we covered is the Sydney Metro.
Beyond Infrastructure Projects
Other than government infrastructure projects, we also offer surveying solutions for residential properties, commercial properties & industrial works. Moreover, in partnership with One Search Locators, we also conduct underground utility surveys. To get a quote, simply call 1300 554 675 or request a quote here.