Sydney Harbour Bridge Toll Removal
- Contractor: Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture
- Location: Sydney
Upgrades to the Southern Toll Plaza Precinct on the Sydney Harbour Bridge included the removal of the existing southern toll booths, reconfiguration of the intersection of York and Grosvenor Streets, new gantry signage, drainage work and the adjustment of road levels, asphalting and line marking to realign the traffic and bus lanes.
Geosurv were contracted by Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture to conduct all survey works for this project to ensure it is delivered on time and with minimal disruption.
- Removal of toll booths
- Reconfigure the intersection of York and Grosvenor streets
- Realign lanes to simplify bus and traffic movements to northern Sydney CBD and Western Distributor
- Continuation of the bus lane from the Sydney Harbour Bridge to York Street
- Readiness bays for buses approaching York Street in the PM peak
- Greater flexibility in traffic management through movable medians and signs
- Extend the variable speed limit zone (max 70km/h) on the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Western Distributor, replacing the current 40km/h speed zone through the southern toll plaza precinct.